Wireless Apple Carplay Smart Box Installation Tutorial
The installation process is simple, but it is a bit trouble for people who don’t understand vehicles. The general process is to first open the control panel, then take out the host and connect to our box according to the installation diagram (No need to remove any modules or break any wiring), and finally install the control panel back.
The main difficulty is that different models have different ways to open the control panel. Therefore, it is recommended that you find a friend or vehicle repair shop who can disassemble the control panel of your model to help you. Of course, we also have a video of the entire installation process for your reference.
The overall installation steps are as follows. Reminder: Depending on the specific model and the actual situation, some details may be inconsistent.
The following installation steps are for reference only:
1. Disassemble air conditioning panel.
2. Unscrew and take out the head unit.
3. Connect and installation.
Please follow the installation and instruction manual to connect. And set the correct the dip switch which on the back of smart box.
- Take out power cable.
- Go through all cables to glove box.
- Disassemble gear panel for AUX cable.
- Disassemble AUX cable from original AUX input.
- Lay well adapter cables.
- Connect well power cable.
- AUX cable connect with AUDIO-OUT.
- LCD-IN (connect with head unit).
- LCD-OUT(connect with original LVDS cable).
- Microphone installation.
Including but not limited to the above list. Operate according to the specific vehicle model and the actual situation.
Test if carplay, audio and siri, etc. are working properly.
5. Assemble Back
Assemble components in reverse order from how you removed them.
Note: If you are not sure which device you should buy for your car, you can CONTACT US and tell us your car‘s model and its manufacture year, and attach photos of your car's control panel and display screen. We can help you choose the most suitable product based on your photos.
Installation video tutorials:
- (Audi B8 No MMI Platform) A4 A5 Q5
- (Audi MMI/B9/MIB Platform) A3 A4 A5 Q7
- (Audi C7 Platform) AUDI A8 S8
- (Audi C7 MMI 3G Platform) A6 A7
- (Audi C7 MIB2/MMI/RMC Platform) A6 A7 S6 S7
- (Audi MMI 3G/C6 Platform) A6 A7 A8 Q7
- (Audi MMI 3G/C6 Platform) A4 A5 Q5 A6 Q7
- (BMW EVO Head Unit) 528Li (G38)
- (BMW EVO Head Unit) 3 Series (F30)
- (BMW NBT Head Unit) NBT
- (BMW NBT Head Unit) MINI Cooper
- (BMW NBT Head Unit) X3(F25) X4(F26)
- (BMW NBT Head Unit) 5 Series F10 F18
- (BMW NBT Head Unit) 1Series F20 F21 NBT 2013-2017
- (BMW CIC Head Unit) X1
- (BMW CIC Head Unit) Z4(E89)
- (BMW CIC Head Unit) X1 2010
- (BMW CIC Head Unit) X5(E70) X6(E71)
- (BMW CIC Head Unit) 5 Series GT 2011
- (Mercedes-Benz NTG4.0 Head Unit) C E GLK
- (Mercedes-Benz NTG4.5 Head Unit) E260
- (Mercedes-Benz NTG4.5 Head Unit) ML400 2014
- (Mercedes-Benz NTG5.0 Head Unit) C(W205) GLC(W253) 2015-2017
- (Mercedes-Benz W221 Head Unit) S class (W221) 2006-2009
- (Porsche PCM3.1 Head Unit) 911
- (Porsche PCM3.1 Head Unit) Cayenne
- (Porsche PCM3.1 Head Unit) Panamera